About Agri Bionest
- Agri Bionest, an initiative of a-IDEA, Technology Business Incubator of NAARM and Agri Biotech Foundation (ABF).
- Supported by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), GoI under Bio-Nest Programme.
- It is located in midst of Agri Research hub at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad (TS), India. Aim to nurture, support & scale up Biotech startups in agriculture.
ICAR – NAARM
The National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) is the institution of its kind in the world focussing on capacity building in agricultural research & education management. It was established by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in 1976 at Hyderabad. The primary objective of NAARM is to enhance individual & institutional capacities in National Agricultural Research & Education System (NARES) for innovation & sustainable agricultural development.
a-IDEA is a Technology Business Incubator (TBI) of NAARM, supported by Department of Science & Technology. a-IDEA has been housed in the Centre for Agri- Innovation at ICAR-NAARM for fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture in India. a-IDEA aims to help entrepreneurs ideate, incubate and accelerate their innovations that are scalable through capacity building, mentoring, networking and advisory support.
Agri Biotech Foundation, ABF is an autonomous academic institute engaged in research, extension, human resource development and public engagement. Recognized by DSIR, The Foundation is located on Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) campus, Rajendranagar, Hyd. It has been supported by DBT, DST, ICAR, NABARD, Govt of AP, BIRAC etc., through a number of projects. Its motto is to promote biotechnologies for sustainable agriculture development.
- To provide a platform for entrepreneurs with innovations in Agri-Biotech.
- To offer Incubation support services to Agri-Biotech startups.
- ITo accelerate Agri-Biotech business cluster across the ecosystem.
Equipment's at ABF
- HPLC, Fluorescent Microscope.
- Stereo Zoom Microscope, Gradient PCR.
- Real Time PCR, UV-Spectrophotometer.
- Digital Colony Counter, Flame Photometer.
- Fermenters, Gel Documentation.
Incubation facilities at a-IDEA, NAARM
- Incubation space for startups viz. office space, farm facilities etc.
- Single window for workshops, conferences, seminar halls, Audio – Video conferencing & other state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Library & documentation centre with access to > 2000 journals from EBSCo, CSIRO, Springer, Open J-gate, CERA
- Knowledge resources center for intellectual property & business analytics
Laboratory facilities at ABF
- Laboratory space for Microbiology, Molecular biology, Marker-assisted breeding, Transgenic & Plant Tissue culture labs
- Access to equipment such as PCR, Real Time PCR, HPLC, Fermentor, Flame photometer, Spectrophotometer, Cooling Incubator, Orbital shakers, Gel documentation system, Centrifuge, Digital colony counter, Epifluorescence microscope, Electroporation unit, gene hybridizer, Glass/Greenhouse/ Shade net houses etc
Technincal services at ABF
- Technology mentoring, laboratory space & infrastructure
- Linkages for technology upscaling
- Licensing of technologies
- Soft-landing of Agri-Biotech Labs
- Training & Workshops
Business Services At A-IDEA
- Mentoring support on legal, finance & business aspects
- Training workshops for incubates
- Business plan formulation & Market access
- Incubation support services
- Intellectual property & technology management
Who can apply ?
Entrepreneurs azpiring to work with innovative idea or technology for commercializing a product in the field of Agri-Biotech.