Dr Ch Srinivasa Rao
⦁ Trained at NAARM, Hyderabad (Trainee Scientist)
⦁ Worked at IISS, Bhopal, IIPR, Kanpur and CRIDA, Hyderabad
⦁ Project Coordinator, AICRP for Dryland Agriculture, 2013-2014
⦁ Deputation to International Crop Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, 2006-2008.
⦁ Director, Central Research Institute for Dry-land Agriculture from 2014 – 2017
Awards / Recognitions
• Certificate of Merit ISCA, 1995.
• ISSS Golden Jubilee Young Scientist Award, 1997.
• ICAR Young Scientist Award, 1998.
• International Potash Institute-FAI Award, 1998.
• Pran Vohra Memorial Award, 2000 of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
• Dr. B.C. Deb Memorial Award, 2006 of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
• PPIC-FAI Award, 2006.
• Dhiru Morarjee Memorial Award of FAI, 1993 and 2003.
• ISPRD Recognition Award, 2006-07.
• Doreen Mashler Award by ICRISAT, 2007.
• ICRISAT Millennium Science Award, 2008.
• International Plant Nutrition Institute Prize 2008.
• Sukumar Basu Memorial Award of Indian Agricultural. Research Institute (IARI) 2009.
• Vasantrao Naik Award of ICAR, 2009 and 2014.
• FAI Golden Jubilee Award, 2011.
• Padmasree Dr. I.V. Subba Rao Memorial Award from Rithunestam, 2012.
• International Potash Institute-FAI Award, 2012.
• Chief Editor, Indian Society of Dry-land Agriculture, 2009 to 2013.
• Hari Om Ashram Award of ICAR, 2014.
• Rajya Basha Award by Ministry of Home Affairs (2016).
• Sardar Patel Outstanding ICAR Research Institute Award-2014.
• Member, Editorial Board of Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences (2016).
• Editor, Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science (2014-15).
• President, Indian Society of Dry-land Agriculture and Development (2016-2018).
• Convener, ICAR Task Force Committee on Hailstorm Management
• Convener, State Coordination Committee for Doubling Farmers Income, Telangana.
• Coordinated National Innovations for Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) during 2014-17.
• Chairman of Standing Committee for National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA), one of the eight missions under Prime Minister during 2014-2017.
• Part of Indian Delegation in SBSTA and COP for global climate change negotiations under UNFCCC during 2015 and 2016.
• Member, Management Committee of Extension Education Institute (Southern Region), Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Govt of India.
• President, a-IDEA (Association for Innovation Development of Entrepreneurship in Agriculture).
• Chairman, Seed Support Management Committee/Investment Committee of a-IDEA, (Association for Innovation Development of Entrepreneurship in Agriculture), Technology Business Incubator, ICAR-NAARM.
• DST, Government of India Award for Best Emerging Technology Business Incubator (2018).
• Digital Media Award by Public Relations Society of India (2017).
• Selected for Fulbright Fellow, USA (2014-15).
• Prof. Shanta Ram Memorial Lecture (2017).
• Member, Training Board, ICAR.
• Member, Indian Council of Food and Agriculture.
• Member, Executive Council, National Council for Cooperative Training (NCCT), Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Govt of India.
• Member, Asian Carbon Network, Japan.
• Member, GKMS of Ministry of Earth Sciences.
• Executive Board Member of International Dryland Development Commission (IDDC), Cairo, Egypt.
• Member, RAG, NABARD.
• Member, Biodiversity Board, Telangana.
• Member, Coordination committee for DFI, AP.
• Fellow of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (FNAAS) (2008).
• Fellow of Indian Society of Soil Science (FISSS) (2011).
• Fellow of Indian Society of Pulses Research and Development (FISPRD) (2006).
• Fellow, Telangana Academy of Sciences (2017).
Areas of Interest:
Climate Change, Contingency Planning, Soil Carbon Sequestration, Rainwater Management, Climate Resilient Villages, Rainfed Mission Development, Climate and Conservation Policy, Agriculture Research Management.